Apr 26, 2024, 01:05 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Hi Everybody

Started by type55tardis, Feb 26, 2010, 09:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

type55tardis

Feb 26, 2010, 09:29 am Last Edit: Nov 01, 2012, 07:24 am by type55tardis
Hi I`m new to this site but I have built a custom build console over the last 12 months , I have worked on the hypothesis that each tardis has its own style console (which seems to be borne out in the TV show! ) (masters ,rani`s and monks tardis`s) my original type 55 console was designed with the idea that as technology has developed,more of the tardis operations would be automatic,allowing for this ,I decided to build a simpler version that would allow for course plotting,demat control ,doors,and other simple operations, the outer plasmic shell I have created is based on the original version seen in the war games,it is a basic featureless shell with the central door that slides out ,the original specs suggested it would be grey ,as seen in the war games,but I decided to use an aluminium finish as the time lords have probably up dated their colour schemes since 1968  :) I am currently revamping the console and will post pics when i`m satisfied you won`t all laugh at them  :)b4.JPGafter.JPG  I`m just waiting for the perspex column to finish it off

Of course you all know its now in its third generation do heres a pic

finished 1.jpg
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

Scarfwearer

Looks fabulous! I've moved it to the console gallery - do please put up more pictures.
If you start a revamp, show us your progress in the console build diary board. The diaries are there so you can show us how you progress.

Oh and, Welcome aboard!

Crispin

type55tardis

Hi thanks for the compliment scarfwearer I have done some videos so i will post some pics
Regards T55
ps if anyone wants Tardis sound effects ive got them
so let me get this straight,A thing that looks like a Police box standing in a junkyard,It can move anywhere in Time and space ?

type55tardis

Well looking at the before and after pics just proves what a bit of black silk effect paint and a few perspex rods will do Lol.

The14thDr

Wow! That looks amazing! Could I have the measurements for the console/panels/plinth?
"Would you like a jelly baby?"