Apr 20, 2024, 04:53 am

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

Time-War McGann Screwdriver

Started by superrichi1a, Dec 08, 2010, 08:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

superrichi1a

Dec 08, 2010, 08:51 pm Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010, 08:53 pm by superrichi1a
A while back, me and a friend took a mould of the CNC machined Baker Sonic he made a while back, and cast up a few sonic screwdrivers in yellow resin (getting the idea from a product on e-Bay). He took one, not sure what became of that, and I took the (only) other successful one. I toyed with the idea of what to do with it for a long time, before finally deciding that, although it wouldn't be terribly accurate, I wanted to make a McGann Screwdriver. I gave the screwdriver a coat of primer, then aluminium paint, and rather liked the result. But then a thought struck me. Why not make a Time-War Screwdriver? The screwdriver McGann may of had when he regenerated (I choose not to cound Big Finish as canon in most cases). A screwdriver that was scratched with peeling paint and faulty cirrcuits. Liking this idea, I gave the handle of the sonic a light sanding, and the overall effect was lovely. The grey primer undercoat showing underneath gave the impression of scratched, distressed metal. I repeated this process with the head of the screwdriver, in its different colours. The head I'm particularly proud of, as it looks like it really has just been through a war. The top coat came away in just the right places to give the desired effect. Afterwards, I gave the whole thing a black dust coat to make it look dirty. What do you think?

Hehe, the custom sonic collection so far, hopefully it will grow and grow!
I may post come of the earlier photos later, if anyone wants to see them?
Thanx :)
RichardMcGann Sonic1.jpgMcGann Sonic2.jpgMcGann Sonic3.jpg
Isn't it how ironic that we have to think of solutions out of the box, in order to build our boxes a lot of the time?

rocket

Very nice, I really like that a lot. I've often thought the sonic screwdriver should look a bit more rough around the edges.
Farewell Sarah Jane, you will be missed.

greatwazoo42