News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's Fourth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver

Started by 13drwho, Mar 06, 2012, 02:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

Mar 06, 2012, 02:06 am Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 02:06 am by 13drwho
Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I have built a ton of Doctor Who props so I'm excited to share pictures. I have started building a TARDIS Console (that's how I found this site). So far I've only built the base... it hasn't even been painted yet.

I thought I'd start by posting my favorite prop, the fourth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver. I have a friend that used to be a machinist. He taught me how to use the lathe and let me work in his shop. Sadly he no longer works at that shop, so my lathe access is gone. I built three working sonic screwdrivers while I was there. One fourth Doctor Sonic Screwdriver, a Fifth Doctor variant, and an originalish 13th Doctor variant. Take a look and let me know what you think!!

IMPROVED WORKING 4TH DOCTOR SONIC SCREWDRIVER PROP.jpg

maverickjsmith

Oooooo~ 4th doctor sonic ;D

This is really good. All the proportions appear to be accurate if not really close.

Very good job indeed!

Maverick 8)
Maverick

Rassilons Rod

In the cities in the streets there's a tension you can feel,
The breaking strain is fast approaching, guns and riots.
Politicians gamble and lie to save their skins,
And the press get fed the scapegoats,
Public Enema Number One.

galacticprobe

Mar 06, 2012, 04:00 pm #3 Last Edit: Mar 06, 2012, 04:00 pm by galacticprobe
When you say "working" do you mean it also has sound? Or is it just the movement that works? (Either way, this one looks fantastic!)

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

13drwho

Thank you all for your kind comments. My version does not have sound for two reasons. One, I knew how to generate the sound electronically, but I wasn't sure how to activate it with the slide and keep the scale right. Two, I carry it in my pocket and the ones with sounds occasionally go off accidentally at embarrassing times.

pipisnotinspace12

how much did it cost to make something like this? :D

davidnagel

Quote from: 13drwho on Mar 09, 2012, 01:34 amTwo, I carry it in my pocket and the ones with sounds occasionally go off accidentally at embarrassing times.

That is an awesome LOL comment :) I'm so stealing that one ;)

Nice sonic btw!
Regards
David