Apr 16, 2024, 10:04 pm

News:

New, New TardisBuilders!

The Jason's 6th Doctor Temporal Tracker

Started by 13drwho, Mar 25, 2012, 02:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

13drwho

This prop is one of my favorites. This is the scanner the 6th Doctor uses to track the time distortion in "The Mark Of The Rani". The original was made from an off the shelf Walkie-Talkie set. Since it's originally from the 80's I found a vintage set Walkie-Talkie's that were close and modified the heck out off them. I also designed a simple circuit to flash the green arrow indicator just like in the show. It has no sound effects. Take a look and let me know what you think.

6th Doctor temporal scanner revision 2.jpg6th Doctor temporal scanner revision 2 display.jpg

galacticprobe

Mar 25, 2012, 05:35 am #1 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2012, 05:35 am by galacticprobe
Comparing it to the original (http://www.doctorwhoprops.com/props.php - almost at the bottom of the page), I'd say you've pretty well nailed it. Maybe just a little more of a grey/silver color on that plate in the middle where those five small switch-like things are and you'll have it spot on. Very nicely done.

You wouldn't happen to have taken photos of the different steps during the creation process for a build diary, would you?

Dino.
"What's wrong with being childish?! I like being childish." -3rd Doctor, "Terror of the Autons"

Oblivion

Hampshire UK